Thursday 3 March 2011

But how did the architect conceive of putting a cloud in a building? He recounts the very moment at which the idea occurred to him:
The idea came to me in a very special moment. I was at the seaside; a group of clouds were being blown quickly across the sky by a strong wind. As I looked to the clouds I remembered a dream I had had, which involved constructing a building that had no crystallized form at all.
Like all architectural projects, Rome’s Congress Center has suffered delays – some of which resulted when ancient ruins were found on the building site. But having opened an office in Rome in order to undertake the Congress Center project (he has others in Frankfurt and Paris), Fuksas is determined to finish the project which is currently scheduled to be completed in 2009.
http://eternallycool.net/2007/08/280/

No comments:

Post a Comment